Thursday 14 May 2015

Small things in life appreciation post & the good in exams


Hi everyone!! :)


and another Regents Park picture - also from last year

First of all, I would just like to say a big thank you for the positive feedback on my last blog post. I've never had that many comments before and it made me feel very happy. 
I also figured that my blog posts looked a bit boring without any pictures, so in the name of continued anonymity, today's post has another Regents Park picture! I took a lot last year, and not many (nice ones) this year, so I should definitely find some time and make my way to Regents Park again to take some more!

Today I had my second exam and I think it went okay. A lot of people are doing exams and it's so easy to feel down and negative about this time of the year. But here are a few things that exams have made me appreciate: 

1. Taking a break - as I had my exam in the afternoon, I decided to take the evening off. This essentially means watching youtube videos, listening to music, just being on the Internet (and now writing a blog post) and wow, it's the best thing ever. When I don't have exams, taking evenings off is something that I do most days, and I never appreciated it the way I do right now. That is something I would like to remember post-exams.

2. Friendly people - this morning I was feeling very nervous about this exam (having an exam in the afternoon doesn't help because I basically sat around doing nothing all morning waiting for this exam to happen). When I left my halls, I saw one of the maintenance men, had a very quick chat with him (VERY brief…like - 'you're alright?', 'yeah, you?'), and as he was standing near the door he opened it for me. These are the small things in life that just make you feel 100 times better and I think that I appreciated it so much more at that moment in time.

3. Food - so the thing about exams is that they can be quite long and you are not allowed to take any food with you. Partly, I think that's completely understandable: imagine the person next to you loudly devouring a burger - that wouldn't be very nice. But sometimes I wish we could at least take some chocolate in, just to help with concentration. Most of the time, I will get halfway through the exam when all of a sudden my stomach starts rumbling (I can't eat much when I'm nervous so breakfast is never big on exam days) and I would do ANYTHING - well almost - to have something sweet. Right now, I'm sitting on my bed with cake next to me and I'm appreciating it so much more than I've ever done before. 

Is there anything you appreciate more when you're doing exams? 

Let me know in the comments to make everyone feel a bit more positive about this time of the year xx

16 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely blog <3
    Keep doing what your doing x
    from:
    http://applesandangelsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that lovely comment! It made my day x

      Delete
  2. I agree, I appreciate sleep so much more now haha x

    ambershabits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah definitely! Thank you for your comment x

      Delete
  3. You have a lovely blog so you deserve every comment and more!

    I agree I would of loved to take some chocolate in an exam, but thankgod I don't have to take exams anymore!

    Meme xx

    New Post out now:
    'The Book Mouse Suggests: The Raven Boys'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exams at the moment and i agree taking a break is so important. Its key not to revise all day everyday and i also will spend it watching YouTube videos! :)
    Great post sweetie
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And good luck with your exams :) xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love the picture of the park. Appreciating the good things always helps me through the hard days. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Same, there's something good in most things, you just need to spot it :) x

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your exams, these are such good tips for keeping your stress low when revising, I do all of these too!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, good luck to you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo is incredible...WOW. Great post...thanks...

    xxx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the days of doing exams! I used to make sure I had a pen I really loved to use, not sure why but made the whole thing a little more enjoyable! Lovely post :)

    honeyjustforme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I know what you mean - I always take this ruler with me that I've had for absolute ages, it's so old that it has cracks but I cannot not take it haha :)

      Delete