Wednesday 23 September 2015

Autumn Outfit of the Day

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well :)

Autumn has officially arrived - I can confirm this since I spent a good few hours stacking wood for our fireplace the other day. So colder days are definitely on the horizon.

I like this time of year for many reasons: I absolutely love being all snuggled up and cosy, with a hot drink and some chocolate chip cookies, when it's truly grey and gloomy outside. But there's also something very special about autumn in terms of fashion. It's cold enough for you to put on a nice coat and a jumper, but you won't have to worry about it being absolutely freezing just yet. 

So today I have something a little bit different for you: an outfit of the day - autumn edition. 



Both the grey jumper dress and the coat are from boohoo, and the shoes are from a brand called Sioux, but I bought them in TK Maxx, which means that I got them for a lot cheaper than they originally were! 

What I love most about this outfit is how comfy it is. Neither the dress nor the coat are a tight fit (in fact they are both a bit oversized, and the coat has this gorgeous O-shape which makes it just that little bit cooler). It feels very casual and perfect for taking long autumn walks! 

In terms of shoes, I was torn between these and plain black Chelsea boots. Both would go, but for me, the Sioux shoes just break it up a little bit more. I feel like the purple shoe laces and stitching really add to the entire outfit and make it more fun, and I just love the colour combination of grey, black, dark red and purple! 

I usually pair this outfit with black leggings or thick black tights, but you could definitely go for a nice grey as well, or even for something more colourful if you're feeling adventurous :)

Let me know what you think of this slightly different post, and whether you'd like to see more OOTDs in the future (as I would for sure love to do more of them!). Leave your thoughts down in the comments. 

Other than that, have a lovely week and I'll speak to you soon xx

28 comments:

  1. I liked this type of post I'd love to see more ! I really like the coat it's a gorgeous colour and will look great all through Autumn and Winter !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! And definitely, I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I loved the coat so much it's just perfect for Autumn! I loved this xxx

    Daizy xxx
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Have a lovely day :) xx

      Delete
  3. The coat is stunning~! The color is beautiful <33

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jumper dress is soo lovely!!<3

    Regards,
    a-cupofrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jumper and coat combo is to die for, deffinatly going to have to head over to boohoo :)
    Would love to see more of these posts, Autumn fashion is the best.

    Katie xox

    http://katiecupoftea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! Ahh I know, I love so much that's in the shops at the moment, I have to stop myself sometimes haha! xx

      Delete
  6. What a perfect combo! LOVE the coat colour. Gotta check out boohoo stock asap ;) So many gorgeous pieces are everywhere, just need a never-ending debit card balance :D
    Loving your blog. Are you on Bloglovin', girlie, so I can follow you?
    I am there at: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/miel-mint-14349829
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! And YES, I am on bloglovin' now :) It's https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/just-a-bubble-14295615 :) xx

      Delete
    2. Turns out I'm clearly very bad with technology, so bloglovin' somehow isn't working for me! xx

      Delete
  7. I think the combo is absolutely beautiful! The coat is so red and gorgeous looking, I definitely want something like that in my closet! ;_; wow~
    Junniku blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment :) Have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much :) I'd love to do more OOTDs, so there'll definitely be some more soon! And yes, I love having a bit of colour, especially now that it's a bit more grey outside! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute shoes!

    http://samanthas-littleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That coat is just perfect for autumn and I love the shoes. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coat is so cute and perfect for fall♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the colour of the coat♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is oh so cute! I'm super excited for all things winter and autumn and cute and cold and sweet and this made me feel so ready for the season <3

    ReplyDelete