Saturday 31 October 2015

Update time: ice hockey, cake and more cake

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well! :) 

Today has been a bit of a rubbish day because I woke up with a really sore throat, a cough and a massive headache, which meant that I had to cancel going to a football match that I had tickets for. So I thought I'd cheer myself up by writing a short blog post. I hope you enjoy :)

DISCLAIMER: this post is once again going to be an update post. I have another post planned on how to turn bad days into good ones, so stay tuned for that! 

there was a proper lighting show going on
right before the match. Doesn't it look cool?!

The past weeks have been exciting, eventful, exhausting, stressful, amazing, incredible - all at once. Here are some of my highlights:

1) Seeing an ice hockey match - last Friday, I went to see an ice hockey match with my flatmates and some friends I've made at uni. The tickets were free for students and it was so much fun. To be honest, I don't know anything about ice hockey and half of the time I had absolutely no idea what was going on (apart from the fact that it's quite violent), but I loved the atmosphere. 

2) Seeing The Maze Runner 2 with my flatmates - I've heard a lot of people say that the second film isn't as good as the first one. I can't comment on that because I haven't seen the first one, but I enjoyed all the action going on! 

3) Cake - Since moving in, there hasn't been a single day that I haven't had cake. For some reason, there is ALWAYS cake in the kitchen. Yesterday, we decided to be "healthy" and have fruit instead, when one of our neighbors asked for a measuring jug and - as a thank you - gave us some cake she just baked. She needed her plate back, so obviously we couldn't not eat it. Then today, a giant parcel arrived filled with chocolate, honey, cookies...and - who would have guessed - an entire cake that my mum had baked. 

I'm not complaining. 

But seriously, this flat is turning into cake central. 


I've also been clubbing and actually really enjoyed myself (although I still prefer being able to talk to people as opposed to shouting at them). 

What have you been up to? Let me know in the comments. 

Have a lovely weekend xx


1 comment:

  1. Yay, congrats on moving into the new flat! That's so exciting :) Exactly, I kept forgetting that they were actually ice skating, it looked so easy haha! Thank you so so much, hope you're having an incredible day, too <3 xx

    ReplyDelete