Sunday 7 June 2015

Trip to the LONDON ZOO

Hey everyone! I hope you are all well :) 



My exams have officially finished and after initially falling into the hole of 'what on earth do I do' (does anyone else get this?? It's a deep, weird place) I'm enjoying the free time I all of a sudden have. 

One of the first things I did after finishing was to go to the London Zoo. Somewhat surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed it. I've never been a massive zoo person - when I was little, I would (without fail) fall asleep as soon as my parents pushed my buggy through the entrance and later, I would only go to the zoo on school trips (which wasn't exactly the best experience - imagine having to fill in endless forms and quizzes about the precise place of any given animal's origin, nature of terrain and its food preferences....yes, it did pretty much ruin any enjoyment one could have had of the trip). 

So whilst I was excited, my expectations weren't exactly the highest, but once I got there I absolutely loved it. Here are my top three personal highlights:

This adorable donkey:


He was SUPER friendly

This giraffe:

apparently giraffes have black tongues


THE PENGUINS:

I didn't realize how fast penguins are underwater! 


(the lion, the aquarium and the llamas were also amazing, but sadly my phone ran out of space so I couldn't take any pictures)

Also, the zoo's location in Regents Park is absolutely beautiful. My friends and I took the tube to Camden and then walked, which was great as it meant experiencing the craziness that is Camden and the beauty that is the canal and Regents Park. It only took about 15 minutes, so I would definitely recommend that route if you are thinking about going :)

The only thing that I would criticize is that we got super hungry halfway through and apart from a restaurant (which we didn't go into because we wanted to stay outside in the sun and walk around) and ice cream stalls there wasn't any other food you could just grab and eat - or at least we didn't manage to find any.

Have you ever been to the London Zoo (or any other zoo)? I would love to read your thoughts and experiences in the comments! xx


6 comments:

  1. I haven't been to London zoo in ages! In fact I think i've only been there once. My brother actually works there. Must go again soon, love going to zoo's! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting! :) Yes, definitely try and go, it's such a nice thing to do especially now that the weather is getting nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. :)
    Sadly I've never been to London zoo but I've been to multiple zoo's already ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG the penguin... I just love them :)
    Nice blogpost
    http://lauracatalinarueda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! :) I agree, they are so adorable! xx

      Delete