Thursday 3 September 2015

Small things in life appreciation post #2

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well :)

Before I start, I just want to say that I've had a lovely few days off the Internet (the weather has now started to feel quite autumnal so I feel like I've truly made the most of the last days of sun and summer). Thank you SO much to everyone who has commented on and read my blog posts whilst I was away - it was so nice to log onto blogger again and read your thoughts and feedback! 



A few months ago, when I was right in the middle of taking my university exams, I posted about appreciating the small things in life. I was honestly blown away by the lovely response - it got so many page views and lovely comments and also made my blog gain quite a lot of new followers. It is a post that I re read regularly because it never fails to put me straight back into that appreciative and happy mindset that I was in that evening. 

So since I loved writing that post and you seemed to have liked reading it, why not have a small things in life appreciation post #2 :)

1. The sea - I could very easily spend hours and hours watching the waves crash and seagulls fly around trying to steal some poor person's food. What I appreciate even more about the sea though is that most people you see are happy. Truly refreshing actually when usually, everyone is rushing past, shoving others out of the way just to get that earlier train. 

2. The moon - this will sounds very very cheesy, but staring into the sky and seeing the moon always feels very calming to me. It makes me realise how massive the universe is, and any worries I might have suddenly seem insignificant. It has always been this way, ever since I was little - there is this homemade video of me (aged about 2) accidentally head butting the sofa (clumsy since Day 1 hahah). Naturally, I started crying - my mum then picked me up and walked over to the window. As soon as I saw the moon, I pointed at it, whispered 'moon' and started smiling again. 

3. Falling into bed after a long day - I've kind of touched on this in my last appreciation post, but there is honestly nothing better than falling into bed after a day of walking, with a cup of tea on the bedside table (ginger tea, preferably - anyone else obsessed with ginger tea at the moment?) and falling asleep with a smile on your face because you've had a good day. 


Is there anything you've really appreciated recently (or maybe ever since you were little)? Feel free to leave a comment below, and also let me know if you'd like these appreciation posts to be a more regular feature on my blog. I'd love to know what you guys think.

Have a lovely day xx

7 comments:

  1. My favourite one on this list is probably the first one, I am in a wintery mind set and it has made me remember Summer, where I live there are heaps of lakes and reading this made me remember going with my family and best friends! The thing I appreciate is my Mum, she isn't a 'small thing' but I feel like I appreciate her much more than most people appreciate their Mums. This may have to do with the fact that from when I was 1 or 2 to when I was three, it was just me and my Mum most of the time. I just can't stay angry at my Mum and I know that she is probably right most of the time. Thanks for this post, it has made me smile and think about all the things and people that I take for granted so thanks once again!

    Love Catherine
    smileycentral106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a nice comment, Catherine! I completely agree with you, I'm so grateful that my mum, and my dad, are there for me no matter what. It's something that definitely needs to be appreciated and it always makes me sad when people, especially teenagers, just completely seem to take their parents for granted. Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  2. 4. the sunset: that's like the most beautiful thing when setting :)


    Nique || www.2nbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it definitely is! :) Thank you so much for leaving a comment xx

      Delete
  3. I love love love posts like this, it's really nice and inspiring to see people appreciating the simple things in life rather than complaining about trivial things. Amazing post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! Have a lovely day :) xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much! Have a lovely day :) xx

    ReplyDelete