Monday 10 August 2015

Current Favourites

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well :)

You know that feeling when there are so many ideas floating around in your head, and they all seem kind of interesting, but you cannot really catch a single one? That's pretty much how I feel right now. There are so many ideas and thoughts I have for blog posts, but then again I don't feel like they are 100% coherent and ready to go onto my blog yet, so bear with me :) 

So I thought that instead of writing about one specific thought or idea, I would share a bit of everything with you today - my current favourites. (I'm pretty proud of that transition - can you tell? haha) 

1. Paper Towns by John Green


A few days ago, I bought the book 'Paper Towns' by John Green, the plan being to finish reading it before seeing the film. Turns out that the plan didn't completely work out (I'm still on page 153 and saw the film earlier today), yet I still feel like the book will hold a lot of surprises and detail for me. 

I can definitely say that 'Paper Towns' is highly enjoyable in both book and film form. John Green is a great author who can really bring the characters and story line to life with his thoughtful, yet lively and gripping style of writing, and the film adaptation truly manages to reflect this. I have genuinely enjoyed every minute of the film and every page of the book so far. If you are looking for something that will make you think, but also smile, then definitely give 'Paper Towns' a try. 


2. Stripes



I have always liked striped clothes, but at the moment, I'm particularly loving high neck striped tops or jumpers. The ones in the picture are (left to right) from Urban Outfitters, Hollister and boohoo and I could not be happier with them. They are all different sleeve lengths as well (which you cannot see very well at all, sorry), but what I love is that they are so easy to throw on and perfect for this time of the year, where the temperatures can range from almost autumnal to absolutely boiling. 

3. 'Sugar' by Robin Schulz

My last favourite is Robin Schulz' Remix 'Sugar'. I've had it stuck in my head for ages now and it puts me in a very happy summery mood. So definitely check it out if you are looking for something relaxed, upbeat and easy to listen to. 


Thank you for reading, and leave your thoughts down below! I would love to know what your current favourites are, whether you have read or watched 'Paper Towns' and if you are as obsessed with striped high neck tops as I am :) xx

N.B. The grass head (now named Mr Sprout - thank you Rainbow for the suggestion) is still bold. But I'm sure we're getting there eventually :) 

5 comments:

  1. Hahah thank you :D and yes, definitely! Thank you for your comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I really like this post. I'm new so exactly the same and have many ideas but just not complete yet!

    I'm on the last few pages of Paper Towns and loving it! Can't wait to see the film! Obsessed with stripes at the moment too weirdly! Simple but so pretty.

    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog, followed right back! :) xx
    california-souls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Glad you're loving Paper Towns as well, it's so so good :) xx

      Delete
  3. Paper Towns is such a good book- don't worry, there's plenty more in the book that the film doesn't go into so there'll still be plenty of surprises for you! Margo's string theory is one of the only things from a book that's ever made me have to put the book down and have a minute in silence ^.^ <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! :) I definitely had to put the book down a few times just to appreciate what I'd just read! xx

      blogjustabubble.blogspot.com

      Delete