Saturday 4 July 2015

Dear London.


Regents Park yet again

I can picture exactly what you must look like right now. One of those cities that never sleep, your lights will only yield to the eventual sunrise tomorrow morning.

You are busy. Ridiculously so. I cannot even recall the amount of times that I had wished for more space to walk down your busy streets, without some person in front of me deciding to stop to take a selfie. 

You have many faces, many places. The tube map sits like a spider, reaching out its arms all across you. Taxis and busses stuck in traffic, people crossing streets with no green lights, cyclists speeding past as if they were riding something bigger and much more protective. 

Your streets can be scary. Your anonymity can give way to loneliness. With business turning into nightlife, into pretty sunrises and early risers, joggers and dog walkers, you are never truly quiet. People, drills, ambulances, cars. Walking down the same street every day, yet never recognizing a familiar face. 

You are not always pretty, not always glamorous. Grey at times, rainy and cold. Yet never boring. There's your music, your fashion, business and art. Your buildings, history, your Queen. Your people. 

And then there's the constant change. That what it takes to keep that spark and buzz surrounding you alive. You never sleep, so you can never stop. And don't stop. Don't stop changing.

You have a special place in my heart, London.

And when the street lights turn off to welcome the next day, when lonely stations become platforms during rush hour, when your people write the history of another day, you will still be special to me. 

There you have it. Something you cannot change.

xx

12 comments:

  1. My literal dream is to travel to London and this just makes me want to go there even more! Thanks for sharing!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in London for 2 years now and there is no place like this magical city! Love London so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to london quite a lot and each time I go It always amazes me like the first time I went. It's just such a special place! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to travel to London SO BADLY! I've always been in love with cities and constantly visit Toronto because I just can't get enough! I really hope to travel to London one day! Thanks for this post because it just fuels my desire to go experience it!

    www.accidentallyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! And I agree, there is something very special about big cities :) xx

      Delete
  5. i love this, i'm planning a visit for later in the year :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Ahh so exciting! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time xx

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete