Sunday 19 July 2015

Decisions

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well :)

Voltaire once said that 'the most important decision you make is to be in a good mood'. This quote really speaks to me because I've made a lot of 'big' decisions over the past few years such as going to university and it's ever so easy to just be a bit worried sometimes - about whether I've made the right decisions and whether everything will turn out okay. 
So I would love to share some of my thoughts with you. 

If found this little flower in the garden the other day and it was so tiny that
I almost stepped on it! I just thought it was too shiny not to share :) 

There are loads of decisions that need to be made, by all of us, pretty much every day. They can be small, or big, but what they all have in common is that they will have some sort of impact on our lives. That is without doubt exciting and fascinating, but it can also be a little bit overwhelming at times. 

I quite like to imagine that every time I make a big decision, I step onto a new path that goes in a slightly new direction, so that I'm constantly moving but never ever stopping or going backwards. I also believe that everything happens for a reason. If I make a decision now, and it turns out to be a not so good one, then that isn't necessarily something to regret but more something to learn from. 
Life isn't like a video game, where we can save our progress and then, if we don't like how something turned out, start all over from the last save. Instead we learn. And every path will lead to new paths. 

If you have recently made a big decision and are about to start something new, let that be going to university, going to a new university, starting a new job or even a new school year, then try not to be too worried and doubtful of the decision you have made. Fact is that you have made that decision and you are yet to find out what exactly will result from it. That's something exciting. 

Instead of worrying, try to make that one decision that will for sure make you feel more positive: to be in a good mood. 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments, I would love to read them xx

7 comments:

  1. Great post<3 thanks for sharing. I tend to think negatively in situations like that so I get pretty concerned easily but lately I've tried my best to think positively thanks for reminding me:) you have a great blog please keep in writing<3 Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! :) You just have to try and be positive :) And sure - I just checked out your blog and love it, so followed :) xx

      Delete
  2. This was honestly so great because I'm literally in the middle of a indecisive crisis and trying to figure it out! This was perfect timing!

    Jade

    http://accidentallyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm so glad you liked it! And those crises are the worst, I think everyone goes through them every now and then xx

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with everything you said! Thank you so much for your comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am trying to make more positive decisions, but I have anxiety and always think of bad consequences, getting there though.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'But first.. Let me take a selfie*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Meme! :) And keep trying to make those positive decisions :) xx

      Delete