Friday 26 December 2014

'DoYouYoga' 30 Day Challenge: Day 6 (and 7)

Hello everyone!

Just as a little preamble – what a fancy word for a blog post – I want to say that I did complete Day 6 yesterday and Day 7 today. I didn’t get lazy or forgot. But I didn’t have any Internet at my granddad’s house yesterday which is why I’m blogging about both days now.

Day 6
Today, the exercises focussed on the lower back. Compared to yesterday, it felt amazing to do something a bit more relaxing and a little less painful, even though I didn’t feel as proud.
I’m also not too sure if I have been doing the poses right because I did not feel very much of a stretch. So either I’m totally flexible in the shoulder area which would, to say the least, surprise me, OR I have just been doing something wrong. Of course, for the sake of my self esteem, I will go with the first option.

The absolute highlight was starting on the bridge pose. I have always loved to do the bridge – or an alike pose – when I was little and it made me happy that I could still do it quite well.
The only downside of today was the Happy Baby Pose – apparently everyone’s favourite. It certainly wasn’t mine because no matter how hard I tried, I just could not grab my feet.

Day 7

Because I only got the Internet back in the afternoon and still had family over, I didn’t get to do Day 7 of the challenge until the evening. Today the focus was on the crow pose. I had never heard of it before and once I saw what it was, I was quite impressed that I was supposed to be at such a level of yoga already.
I couldn’t quite do it yet, but the instructor said that this pose needs some practice and will eventually get better.


I can’t quite believe that I’ve already gone a week with this. All in all, it’s been a lot of fun so far :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment