Monday 12 January 2015

A (short) rant about London in the rain

Hey everyone!

The weather in London is pretty miserable at the moment: it’s very windy and rainy, so umbrellas are popping up everywhere. Massive puddles become a dangerous free shower possibility for everyone who walks too close to the road (busses and cars, I’m looking at you). And as always, everyone you see looks grumpy and done with the world.

I cannot say that I particularly enjoy this weather either. In fact, I’ve probably been quite grumpy myself this afternoon when I walked back from a lecture, hungry and annoyed by the weather. Yet, it could be a lot worse. It’s not too cold, only about 12 degrees which means that the wind is annoying, but doesn’t make you want to stay in bed all day with a hot cup of tea. Also, by the fact that there ARE umbrellas everywhere you can tell that the wind isn’t too dramatic either.

Most people - me included - don't enjoy being out in the rain. However, that doesn’t mean that I accelerate my bus or my car right before driving through a big puddle when there are people walking close to the road. It also doesn’t mean that I hold on to my umbrella and barge through a crowd of people without thinking about potentially hitting them in the face.

That is exactly what happened to me today. I had to hectically jump because I could hear a bus approaching with such speed that I would have been soaked from head to toe, and I felt like I was constantly trying to avoid being hit by someone’s rampaging umbrella.

That’s all I have to say. What a fascinating blog post on the weather…I know. :') 

But I’m sure you can empathise. Yes, bad weather is unpleasant, but it doesn’t make anyone’s mood better if people are extra inconsiderate. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment