Saturday 10 January 2015

How (NOT) to do a headstand - 'DoYouYoga' 30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 21

Hello! :) 

Apparently it takes 21 days to create a new habit. Does that mean that I’m now in the habit of doing a bit of exercise every day? Hopefully!

Day 21 of the Yoga Challenge taught us how to do a headstand. I was worried about this one because I absolutely hated doing headstands/handstands in school and was always far too afraid to do one properly.
And I tried – but I quickly realised that I just wasn’t quite there yet. The instructor said that doing a headstand requires leg flexibility and that we should only do it if we feel comfortable (and confident!) I didn’t.
I was a bit disappointed afterwards thinking that I should have tried. But I still think I made the right decision: I’m going back to uni soon and really didn’t want to end up injuring myself.

So here we go: Day 21 is done; I cannot do a headstand, but maybe one day.

Let’s see what Day 22 brings :) Have a lovely day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment