Monday 19 January 2015

Yoga Challenge - IT'S DONE

Hey everyone!

Yes, I've done it. For the past month, I have done a bit of yoga every single day, which means that the 30 Day Yoga Challenge is now completed. 

Like I said in my last post, I am honestly very proud of myself for sticking with this. I can quite easily commit myself to something whole-heartedly, but sometimes I tend to lose interest after a while, especially when it comes to exercise. 

Now - what difference has this actually made? I would be lying if I said that I was, all of a sudden, a whole new person who is extremely flexible and fit. 
I'm not, and I never expected to be after a month only. 
BUT a few things did change:

1. I am more flexible than before. 
2. I can sleep better. I never had massive issues going to sleep or anything, but I have noticed that I tend to fall asleep quicker and feel more energized when waking up. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I have consistently been doing exercise every day about an hour before going to bed, so it has become part of a nice routine of switching off in the evening.
3. I am better at dealing with homesickness. Although I have lived away from home for a while now, I always find it hard to go back to uni and especially when I've had a bit of a rubbish day or don't feel too well, I can get homesick quite easily. I'm not sure why this is, but going back to uni this year has felt easier than usual - no, let me rephrase that: not necessarily easier in itself, but easier to deal with. Now, that could just be because of growing up, being a year older, all that kind of stuff, but I do believe that yoga played a part in it, as well. 
4. Body confidence. This is something I have definitely noticed. Again, I never had serious confident issues, but everyone gets those days where they feel very insecure. Last year, I had quite a few of those days and since starting yoga, they have kind of stopped. 
5. General happiness. Again, I'm not a completely transformed person. I am not suddenly cheerful 24/7 (although I think that this would be quite unusual anyway). However, I have, since starting yoga, felt much more energized and yes - happy.

So yes - thank you, Yoga Challenge. I'm quite amazed about how much it has helped me (because I never truly believed that it would make a difference). I decided that I would try and redo the challenge, because I don't want to stop now :) I definitely still have yoga goals to reach (touching my toes for a start - still not quite there yet), so I will continue with it.

Have a great evening xx

No comments:

Post a Comment