Friday 2 January 2015

Hello 2015 - as inspired by Sprinkle of Glitter



Good morning everyone! 

The above picture is taken from sprinkleofglitter's new blog post. She wrote down her New Year's resolutions and encouraged her readers to post theirs, so here we go…

Before I start I just want to say that this is the first time ever that I make resolutions. I've always set myself little goals throughout the year instead (like the Yoga Challenge that I've been doing for a while now), but 2015 is a fresh start so I will brave making resolutions. 

1) Eat less chocolate - I am IN LOVE with chocolate and whilst I am lucky to have a fast metabolism which means that I barely put on weight, I know that I would feel much better if I just ate a little less chocolate. 

2) Do more exercise - Again, this is all about feeling healthier. I have started this resolution last year when starting the Yoga Challenge and I hope that I'll be able to stick with it. My whole family is very sporty, my mum always says that my grandma could still do a handstand when she was 75 and I want to be just a bit fitter myself. I'm not truly awful I don't think - I can run quite fast if I REALLY want to, but that's about it. (Also, I never feel like running so that just doesn't ever happen) Generally, my level of fitness is appalling, so I definitely want to improve.

3) Be more proactive - I like my routine and sometimes I get stuck in that routine quite happily but then feel like I've missed out on stuff afterwards. I want 2015 to be a more adventurous year, I want to take opportunities, say 'yes' to more things and step out of my comfort zone a bit more. That being said…

4) Work hard - …I really want to focus on my degree. As last year has been a struggle, I definitely want to work hard for the upcoming exams and do the best I possibly can. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't. But I want to be able to say that I gave it everything I could.

5) Be kinder to myself - Lastly, I want to be a bit kinder to myself. Everyone has these days where they feel a bit rubbish and whiny about themselves. If you think about it, there really isn't much point in doing that, so I want to try and take a step back, be more positive and not beat myself up about tiny things that I can't change anyway. 

Those were my five New Year's resolutions. I am super excited to see how 2015 will pan out and how good I will be at achieving those resolutions. 
Let me know what yours are and thank you to Louise from sprinkleofglitter for letting me use the picture in my post xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment