Wednesday 14 January 2015

Songs that I've been loving: January 2015

Hey everyone! 

What's better than starting off 2015 with some new songs to get you through the dark winter months of January and February?

Like my previous music post, this will feature loads of different genres because I personally think that there is something fascinating about every single one of them.

I hope you enjoy, and here we go:

Ludovico Einaudi - Life 
I'm in love with Einaudi's music, both to listen to and to play on the piano. I chose this piece to recommend to you because I think that it is perfect for a new year: There is so much variety in it (just like life itself, I reckon) which is incredible for making you feel energized and inspired. 

Hozier - From Eden
I have been obsessed with Hozier's voice ever since listening to 'Take me to Church' for the first time. What fascinates me about this song is how beautiful and honest the lyrics are. The melody is very catchy, too, which means that I sing along every time. I also love 'Work Song', which is also on Hozier's album, and 'Arsonist's Lullaby'. 

James Blunt - Satellites
I got my mum his album for Christmas so I've been listening to it a lot when I was in the car with her. I've never been a massive James Blunt fan, but this album is so relaxing and easy to listen to. 'Satellites' it's a great feel-good song with great rhythm and melody. It's recipe is simple: It cheers me up, is easy to listen to and catchy. I also love 'Face the Sun' from the album, which is a song that starts off very slow and then gradually builds up to an incredibly energetic mid- to end part.

AronChupa - I'm an Albatraoz
This song is very different to anything I would usually listen to. When I heard it for the first time, I immediately loved and hated it at the same time. I'm yet to fully decide what I think about it, but it's definitely catchy and I find myself humming the melody pretty much constantly. 

BANKS - Beggin for Threat
Last, but not least, I have fallen in love with BANKS. Her voice has such a deep, warm tone to it that it's very hard not to like her songs. 'Beggin for Threat' is great if you are looking for a powerful song to sing along to. 

Let me know what you think about the songs that I've been loving lately. I would love to hear any recommendations you might have because I'm always on the search for new music to listen to xx

No comments:

Post a Comment