Monday 12 January 2015

Going back to uni after Christmas

Hey everyone!

Apparently most people who drop out of university do so after the Christmas break. There's something about going back in the cold winter month of January after a few weeks of festivities and family time that is difficult. 

I remember that last year, I was in tears when I went back, not because I didn't like uni but simply because it suddenly felt like I had never truly left home. 
This year, it was a lot easier for me - maybe because I remembered how, after a week or so back at uni, I was completely fine again. 

For me, the worst thing about going back after a break at home is to actually leave
Arriving is okay, and so is staying. Honestly, if there was a way of just teleporting myself to and from uni, that would solve so many problems haha! 

I guess it's really all just part of growing up. I also think that especially in first year, not many people talk about feeling sad after Christmas. At least from my experience, people were still a bit too worried about settling in and finding a group of good friends to be completely honest about how they are feeling. As time goes on, this changes though and everyone is generally more open and honest. 

Have a lovely day. If you just got back to uni (like me), then try to distract yourself from feeling a bit homesick in your first week. Even if there isn't much going on at uni, try to (Warning: this will sound lame) enjoy going to your lessons. It will definitely make you concentrate on other things :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment